Course Rep Training
Yesterday I went for my course representative training in which we learnt about how the Hull University Union works, what we are expected to do to fit in to that and how to be a great, approachable course representative who gets things done for their coursemates.
We also learnt more about the university as a whole, our moral obligations to both the union and our fellow students. In addition to that we met a whole bunch of new people 😀
Part of the training was creating the monstrosity of a picture you can see above. It’s supposed to be the idealization of the perfect lecturer, each feature he has contains an alternate meaning:
- He has a big head and a brain protruding from it showing intelligence
- He has a captains hat & mustache to show he’s in authority and gets things done
- He has big ears to show he listens to his students problems
- The monocle shows he is classy
- He has a big smile to show he is easily approachable
- Under his suit, which shows hes professional, he has a superman outfit because hes great!
- He has a penguin on his shoulder, which was initially meant to be a parrot but im rubbish at drawing 😛 So it become the first and only penguin ever able to fly because of how inspirational the lecturer is
- He has a thumb up to show he actually solves problems
- And most importantly he has jet engines for feet to show how he quickly deals with issues
Course rep training was a fun experience and I can’t wait to start making a difference to the Department of Computer Science and the University as a whole, for the better 🙂