A Busy Tuesday
(My Desk — Where I Spent Most of My Day Yesterday)
Yesterday was so busy I didn’t manage to fit any blogging in, so I shall do it now!
My day started around noon when I had finished taking advantage of my one day without a 9:15 start at which point I made Pizza bread for brunch, I’ve become reasonable at cooking since coming to uni — especially after cooking each day Friday – Monday this weekend with Jess.
Shortly after this I paid for my accommodation online, £1180.62 well spent I think, I have enjoyed the independence of living on my own in my own place. I then filled out my student finance forms asking them to remove my Maintenance loan (which I didn’t want in the first place).
I spent much of the rest of the day doing my Quantitive Methods for Computing Coursework, writing up lecture notes and reading one of my new books – “William Stallings Computer Systems – Internals and Design Principles” – which as you can imagine is… exciting stuff. Fortunately I only have another 380 pages to read 😛 Speaking of books my book shelf is now actually starting to look full and student like.
From left to write I have
- A folder of University and Student Finance Documents
- A folder of Misc. Documents I felt I would need
- A reem of paper
- University of Hull Computer Science Department Student Handbook (full of useful stuff)
- Computer Systems Architecture by R. Newman, E. Gaura and D. Hibbs
- Computer Organization & Architecture – Designing for Performance by William Stallings
- Code Complete 2 by McConnell
- Operating Systems Internals and Design Principles by William Stallings
- University of Hull Student Pages (essentially a planner)
- Vernon GODLittle by DCB Pierre (we got this for free on registration)
- 55,331 hits